4410A Multi-power, ±5% Reading Accuracy, Portable Wattmeter
Bird 4410A Multi Power Range RF Wattmeter
•Temperature-compensated accurate CW and FM power measurements 200 kHz to 2.3 GHz and 2 mW to 10 KW (Element Dependent)
•Uses special 4410-series wide-range elements (elements are sold separately).
•Wide-range accuracy over a 37 dB dynamic range.
•Quick Change (QC) connectors to minimize the need for adapters when making critical measurements.
•Elements are not included, sold separately.
The Model 4410A uses the basic principles and “look and feel” of the Model 43 but transforms it into a highly accurate high dynamic range instrument. The mirrored-scale linear range meter has 2 switchable ranges, 0-1 and 0-3. Power is read as a multiple of the value indicated by the pointer, the decimal point location depending upon the range switch position and the factor printed on the plug-in element. Power ranges covered by individual elements are 2 mW to 10 W, 20 mW to 100 W, 200 mW to 1 KW and 2 W to 10 KW, full scale. For most elements, accuracy is +/-5% anywhere above 20% of full scale. The circuitry operates from a standard 9V alkaline battery.
- Accuracy: ±5% of reading for any reading above 20% of the Power Range selected for FM or CW signals without AM. This accuracy is maintained for a full 37 dB dynamic range with each 4410 Element (except No. 4410-1 200 kHz-535 kHz which is accurate to ±10% of reading, and 4410-15 1.0-1.8 GHz and 4410-16 1.8-2.3 GHz which are accurate to ±8% of reading.)
- Ambient Temperature Range: Elements 4410-1 through -8 and -10 through -16 are temperature compensated for rated accuracy from 0° to 50° C (32° to 122°F) and 4410-20 through -27 from 20° C to 30° C(68° to 86°F)
- Connector: QC Type (Female N normally supplied)
- Finish: Gray powder coat
- Frequency Range: 200 kHz to 2.3 GHz CW or FM (elements sold separately)
- Insertion VSWR: with N Connectors 1.25 max. to 2300 MHz
- Nominal Size: 6 7/8" H x 5 1/8" W x 3 5/8" D, (175 mm x 130 mm x 92 mm)
- Over-Range Protection: To 120%of nominal full scale (I.e. 12 W, 120 W, 1200 W, or 12,000 W).
- No damage or degradation to the unit will result, regardless of the Range Selector Switch position.
- Power Range: 2 mW to 10 W, 20 mW to 100 W, 200 mW to 1 kW or 2 W to 10 kW full scale in one single Plug-in Element.
- Any Bird Series 4410-Element may be used.
- Weight: 3 lbs. (1.4 kg)
- Elements are sold Separately.
Bird Model 4410A Manual & Specifications