DC-2500 MHz 1 KW RF Load LC(F)
8251 Bird TermalineÂ® RF Coaxial Termination
1 kW Continuous Duty, Oil-Cooled
- Rugged portable Bench load for high power base station RF testing up to 2.4 GHz.
- Oil-assisted convection cooling for safe, continuous operation up to 1000W full rated power.
- Shipped with Type LC(F) QC Connector installed.
- Low-profile housing with handle and rubber feet for trouble-free operation in the most demanding environments.
- Ambient Temperature Range: -40Â°C to +45Â°C
- Connector: QC type LC(F), others available.
- Finish: Gray powder coat
- Frequency Range and VSWR: DC to 1 GHz at 1.1 max, 1 GHz to 2 GHz at 1.25 max., 2 GHz to 2.4 at 1.3 max. NOTE: Requires LC connector to meet full speicifications.
- Load Coolant: 1.1 gal. (4.1 liters) Diala Mineral Oil
- Nominal Size: 17 29/32" L x 8 1/2" H x 5 15/16" W, (455 mm x 216 mm x 151 mm)
- Operating Position: Horizontal only
- Power Rating: 1000 W continuous
- Weight: 25 lbs, 8 oz. (11.5 kg)
The Model 8251 TERMALINEÂ® Load Resistor is a portable, self-contained general purpose 50 ohm coaxial transmission line termination requiring no outside power source or additional equipment. It provides accurate, dependable, and practically non-reflective termination for testing and adjusting transmitters under non-radiating conditions. The load consists essentially of a cylindrical film type resistor immersed in a dielectric coolant. The resistor, individually selected for its accuracy, is enclosed in a special tapered housing which provides a linear reduction in surge impedance directly proportional to the distance along the resistor. This produces the uniform, practically reflectionless line termination from dc to 2.4 GHz.
To meet full continuous specifications for the Bird 8251 order the Bird 8251 with an LC connector installed. The Bird 8251N is supplied with an N(F) connector.
Bird Specifications and Manual