Bird 8401 Termaline® RF Coaxial Termination
Due to the size and weight of this item we are not able to offer free shipping.
SEE Bird's NEW PRODUCT - BIRD 500-WT-FN - 500W RF Load - IN STOCK
600 Watt, Oil-Cooled, N Female QC Connector
- Rugged portable Bench load for medium power base station RF testing up to 2.5 GHz.
- Oil-assisted convection cooling for safe, continuous operation up to 600W full rated power.
- Quick Change (QC) connectors to minimize the need for adaptors when making critical measurements.
- Low-profile housing with handle and rubber feet for trouble-free operation in the most demanding environments.
- Ambient Temperature: -40øC to +45øC
- Connector: QC type (Female N normally supplied)
- Finish: Gray powder coat
- Frequency Range and VSWR: DC-1 GHz at 1.1 max, 1-2.8 GHz at 1.2 max., 2.8-3 GHz at 1.3 max
- Load Coolant: 0.7 gal. (2.73 liters) refined mineral oil
- Nominal Size: 16 13/16" H x 8 1/2" W x 5 15/16" D, (427 mm x 216 mm x 151 mm)
- Operating Position: Horizontal only
- Power Rating: 600 W continuous
- Weight: 20 lbs. (9.1 kg)
The Model 8401 TERMALINE® Load Resistor is a portable, self-contained general purpose 50 ohm coaxial transmission line termination requiring no outside power source or additional equipment. It provides accurate, dependable, and practically non-reflective termination for testing and adjusting transmitters under non-radiating conditions. The load consists essentially of a cylindrical film type resistor immersed in a dielectric coolant. The resistor, individually selected for its accuracy, is enclosed in a special tapered housing which provides a linear reduction in surge impedance directly proportional to the distance along the resistor. This produces the uniform, practically reflectionless line termination from dc to 2.5 GHz.
Models 8401, 8402 and 8404 are identical except for some minor accessories provided with the load.
The current model number is 8401, the other models are discontinued.
Bird Specifications and Manual